Vivocin Cool & Repair Lotion 30 ml
The Cool & Repair lotion is designed to cool and calm irritated or superficially burnt skin*. Its unique formula provides both an immediate and long term cooling and soothing effect. It contains a high level of vitamins and other actives that locks in moisture and gently supports the skins natural regeneration process and barrier restauration*.
The texture is very light and is easy to apply with minimal pressure. Due to its cooling and soothing properties it is also exceptionally well suited for calming sun burnt or itchy skin.
Vivocin® Cool & Repair Lotion:
- Calms skin and provides an immediate and long term cooling effect.
- Supports the skins natural regeneration process and barrier restauration
- Clinically tested and proven to be safe, effective and gentle
- 100 % of users confirm a refreshing/cooling effect
- With Dexpanthenol/Vitamin B5 (2.5%), Questice®/Menthol, Vitamin B3, Vitamin E, Edelweiss, Squalane, Shea butter
- 0% mineral oil, fragrance, colorants, alcohol, parabens and lanolin (from sheep)
- Made in Switzerland
Clinically tested and proven:
- Safe, effective and well tolerated by the skin
- 100 % of users confirm a refreshing/cooling effect
- 100% of users confirm it softens the skin
- 96% of users confirm it increases skin elasticity
- 89% of users confirm it calms and soothes the skin
- 88% of users confirm it suitable for sensitive skin
- To have a repairing effect, restore skin barrier and reduce TEWL:
ApplicationApply the lotion on clean dry skin 3-5 times a day for 7-14 days after the treatment or until the area is fully healed (e.g. a few days for a sun burn).
IngredientsThis product contains:
- 10 % lipids that supports and nourishes the skin
- 95 % natural ingredients
- 0 % mineral oil, fragrance, colorant, alcohol, paraben, aluminium
Dexpanthenol / Vitamin B5
- Commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry for wound healing and is one of the most well researched and documented ingredients in dermatology
- Provides several proven benefits for wound healing, eczema, irritated and dry skin
- Supports the barrier restauration of the skin and it’s natural regeneration process as well as locking in moisture for a hydrating effect.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect
Treatment with a dexpanthenol-containing cream has shown significantly enhanced skin barrier repair and stratum corneum hydration, while reducing skin roughness and inflammation*.
Further beneficial effects of dexpanthenol have been observed in patients who have undergone skin transplantation, scar treatment or therapy for burn injuries and different dermatoses. Topical dexpanthenol acts like a moisturizer, improving stratum corneum hydration, reducing transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and maintaining skin softness and elasticity. Dexpanthenol also stimulates the activation of fibroblast proliferation, which is of relevance in wound healing. Accelerated re-epithelization in wound healing, monitored by means of the TEWL as an indicator of the intact epidermal barrier function, has also been seen**.
Dexpanthenol has an anti-inflammatory effect and considerably improves the symptoms of skin irritation, such as itching, dryness, roughness, scaling, erosion/fissures. Topical administration of dexpanthenol preparations is well tolerated, with minimal risk of skin irritancy or sensitization **
* Proksch E PMID: 19753737
** Ebner F PMID: 12113650
Niacinamide / Vitamin B3
- Commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry and one of the most well researched and documented ingredients in dermatology
- Provides several key benefits for wound healing and barrier restauration by preventing trans-epidermal water loss, locking in moisture in the skin.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect and is often used to treat severe acne
Topical application of niacinamide has a stabilizing effect on epidermal barrier function, seen as a reduction in transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and improvement in the moisture content of the horny layer. Niacinamide leads to an increase in protein synthesis (e.g. keratin) and has anti-inflammatory effects*.
Other studies confirm that Niacinamide is an effective agent for overall barrier enhancement by promoting epidermal lipid and protein production. Treatment with niacinamide increases barrier components and increases the skin’s resistance and response to damaging agents.**
* Wolfgang Gehring, Hautklinik am Klinikum der Stadt Karlsruhe Accepted for publication 19 August 2004
** Donnald Bisset, Procter & Gamble – supplied by The British Library
- Commonly used in dermatology since decades for its healing and calming effects.
- Typically used in treatment of burns or eczema
- Research suggest it has skin barrier stabilization properties
More common applications of vitamin E includes treatment of burns, surgical scars and other wounds. It is also common in products used for healing and calming atopic dermatitis or eczema. Advances in research on the physiology and mechanism of vitamin E in human skin has led to the development of numerous new formulations for use dermatological products. Research suggests that topical vitamin E also has skin barrier stabilizing properties.
- Occurs naturally in skin and is one of the most common lipids
- Acts as a barrier to shield the body from environmental toxins and pollution
- Rich in anti-oxidants, it locks in moisture and has antibacterial properties
Naturally occurring in our own bodies, it is among the most common lipids produced by human skin cells, making up approximately 10 percent of our sebum. On the skin’s surface it acts as a barrier, both protecting the skin from moisture loss and providing a shield for the body from environmental toxins. Many medical professionals assert that squalane can be effective in treating the symptoms of atopic dermatitis, eczema, rashes and sun burns. This antioxidant-rich ingredient fights free radicals in the skin and it has good antibacterial properties.
- Used for centuries for its anti-inflammatory and protective properties
- Protects the skin against external toxins and UV rays
- Restores the skins natural strength and resilience
Several clinical studies have proven the efficacy of edelweiss to protect the skin against damage induced by oxidative stress as well as reinforce its defense against pathogens. Edelweiss extracts have a high concentration of flavonoids and phenolic acid that aid to fight UV-induced damage and make it an ideal constituent of sun blocks. The same constituents that protect the flower from strong ultraviolet rays at high altitudes also protect our skin from sun damage*.
Vivocin only sources edelweiss from Eco certified Swiss organic farms.
* For their investigations of the anti-inflammatory effects of Leontopodium alpinum Prof. Dr. H. Stuppner (University of Innsbruck)
- Used for centuries for it skin healing and hydration properties
- Rich in vitamins that are important for dermatology it boost collagen production
- Protects against UV rays and has an anti-inflammatory properties
Shea butter is an effective base for medicinal ointments. Some of the isolated chemical constituents are reported to have anti-inflammatory**, emollient, and humectant properties.
* E. T. Masters, J. A. Yidana and P. N. Lovett. "Reinforcing sound management through trade: shea tree products in Africa".
** Akihisa, T.; Kojima, N.; Kikuchi, T.; Yasukawa, K.; Tokuda, H.; Masters, E. T.; Manosroi, A.; Manosroi, J. (2010). "Anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive effects of triterpene cinnamates and acetates from shea fat". Journal of Oleo Science. 59 (6): 273–80. doi:10.5650/jos.59.273. PMID 20484832.
- Questice is a naturally derived ingredient that releases menthol gradually over time
- Menthol has been used as a natural remedy for burns and inflammation for centuries
- By using Questice you avoid the initial irritation and sting typically encountered when applying menthol directly on burnt or irritated skin
- avoid the initial irritation commonly found when applying menthol directly on skin
- benefit from a long term cooling and calming effect
Menthol is proven to be very safe to use. As long as the quantities are in line with health authority guidelines there should be no negative side effects.
Swiss spring water
Thermal water has been used for thousands of years to treat various dermatological issues. Thanks to its purifying effect and antioxidant properties, thermal water is the very suitable to provide solutions for sensitive or atypical skin types. Due to its soothing properties it can relieve the skin from dryness, irritation and itchiness. Rashes due to eczema, rosacea and psoriasis will become less noticeable and can possibly disappear completely.
Vivocin uses only Swiss spring water in its products. We source our water from the alpine region, far away from the pollution and contamination that can be found in more urban areas.
Vivocin offers a high performance medical skin repair range that include many of the proven ingredients that are used in the pharmaceutical wound healing industry. The formulas are developed to support effective and gentle healing after dermatological procedures like permanent make-up, tattoos and laser treatments.
The Vivocin range contains:
- a very high level of active ingredients that also make it suitable for more common issues like superficial burns, itchy, irritated or dry skin
- mainly natural ingredients respecting both the consumers and environment
- pure spring water sourced from the Swiss alps known for its calming and soothing properties
- 0% mineral oil, fragrance, colorant, alcohol, paraben
The SkinThe Skin's Function and Structure
The skin is the largest organ in the human body making up about 16% of the total body weight. Its most important function is to form a physical barrier to the environment allowing and limiting the inward and outward passage of water and various substances. It also provides protection against mechanically induced injury, micro-organisms, UV radiation and toxins (e.g. pollution). It consists of three structural layers, the epidermis, dermis and subcutis (or hypodermis). The epidermis is the outer layer, serving as the physical barrier between the body and the external environment. The dermis is a deeper layer providing structural support to the skin while the subcutis makes up the very inner layer and is an important depo of fat.
The skin constantly renews itself, the complete cycle takes about 28 days. Skin cells gradually move from the inner layer to the epidermis where they eventually die and are released from the skin. Vivocin products are created to enable you to take care of your skin like it takes care of you.
The Skin and dermatological procedures
The skin is in constant contact with the external elements like cold, heat, extreme dryness. This can put a strain to the skin causing irritation, redness and itch. In the same way certain dermatological or medical procedures can negatively impact the skin. It will then need some extra attention and support to get healed. Permanent cosmetics, tattoos and laser treatments are examples of procedures that require special after-care to ensure the healing of the skin as well as ensuring the results of the procedure are as good as possible.
There are many ways to measure the health of the skin. One of the most common measures to assess wound healing is Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL). It measures the amount of moisture that the skin releases. Due to its weakened structure damaged or scared skin releases more water than healthy strong skin. Avoiding excessive water loss is instrumental to the healing of skin. All Vivocin products are designed to support the skin by decreasing TEWL.